Wednesday 24 September 2014

Retro McCalls 8135

Such an adorable little pre-loved pattern.  There were no pattern instructions included, but as you can see the style is pretty simple.  My version is quite a bit longer in the skirt, which I prefer especially as this is part of my summer work wardrobe.  I already had the lovely vintage floral fabric which I bought on line.  I think the brown material may have come from The Fabric Store.  The circle skirt is such a nice easy style to use and the drape is always nice. 

I think apart from the colours it has a whiff of the 80's about it with the drop waist skirt.  Boy I wish I had some photos of those little numbers from my teenage years.  I remember my mum made me a linen look drop waist dress, with box pleats, in white for work, which was actually very nice.  And I would definitely have had to wear a load of makeup to pull off that colour. But hey it was the 80's you only used a minimum of 3 eye colours at a time, along with a load of blush and bright lipstick.  I do recall a rather hideous blue and orange vertical stripe drop waist with sailor collar that I did love at the time (a shop bought one). I even had the cobalt blue pointy shoes to match it.  The shoes were excellent.  I wish I still had those, but the dress was just one big trip to Wrongtown.   









No comments:

Post a Comment