Sunday 21 September 2014

Retro Simplicity 7966

More from my 70's catalogue.  A girl at work kindly gave me some of her mother's old patterns. And incredibly they were also the right size for me - yay. This is a nice difference from working with something that is 2 sizes too big.  I even had the perfect type of material to get the triangular effect that was happening on the front of the pattern. The only downside about this typd of design is cutting pattern pieces out on the bias you certainly use a lot more fabric. Completely chuffed with the result.  However, I've folded the collar down on the first version. It wasn't very flattering the way it was sticking up, even though I think the collar looks terrific on the pattern. This is definitely one of my favourite ensembles thus far. 


There is even a price sticker still on it. I wonder if it was the original price 20c, imagine!!


I think if you look too closely at the pattern you start to go a wee bit cross eyed.

Sooo, I made a little error with the skirt. The lines should have met up to form an arrow not a consecutive line.
I was pretty confident there would not be too many people that would notice it

I did a second version of the top, sans collar. I love the colour of this fabric.
You just don't see enough peppermint about these days.




No comments:

Post a Comment