Sunday 24 August 2014

Butterick 4549

Something more from my vast selection of vintage patterns.  I received this pattern is a bulk ebay purchase, I think 25 patterns in total.  All of the patterns were a size 16.  Now according to measurements set out on the back of most patterns I am allegedly a size 16.  Funny how I've been buying and making size 12 garments for most of my sewing life.  I have recently made the mistake of making  a few items to a size 14 given that I have put a little weight in my advancing years.  This has resulted however in an oversized garment - boo.  At the end of the day I was happy to purchase the size 16 vintage patterns as I figured it would be easier to adjust down a couple of sizes, rather than buying smaller patterns and then having up size.   Also vintage patterns seem to be a bit smaller, especially around the neck and arms.  Sure I've got a bit more weight around the arms than I had when I was younger, but would hate to think I've got plump around the neck.  Now the garment is definitely a bit loose fitting but I'm happy with the results.   
        






No comments:

Post a Comment