Friday 1 August 2014

Butterick 5463

I love this top simply because it is so easy to make.  After you've done a few complicated projects it's nice to have something you can whip up in an hour or two. In particular something without buttons and zips.  I have only done the basic version of the pattern, but added my own little extras to a few of them.  The pattern is pretty much two rectangles and some neck facing.  The two cloth belts are my own creation taken from an old Vogue pattern that I had.



This is one of those non-crush synthetic blends of fabric which I picked up at Lincraft. This top looks great with fitted black pants. 

I found this lovely fabric on the sale rack at Spotlight. Such a nice light cotton and I adore the colours.

This is a much heavier cotton fabric which gives the top a more structured look.  I wear it with a long skirt for work. 

What's not to love about balloons.
Added some buttons with this fabric I bought from the craft section at Lincraft

I've got a lot of wear out of this particular one.  I added 2 pleats on each size which gave the top some shape.

Taking inspiration from a onesy that I made for my friend's baby. The kitty face is borrowed idea from something I saw no Etsy.






1 comment: