Monday 4 August 2014

New Look 6808

I've made 3 versions of this top.  This is a fairly easy top to make however I remember there was something wrong with the capped sleeves which needed altering. The first version I did (version C) had the sleeves folding in on themselves under the under. Not noticeable when you are wearing.  I also found the side bow a little fiddly, because I'd never done something like that before.  However, it all worked out in the end.  Probably would have been nicer with a contrasting bow given the material I used.    



Version C.  This lovely fabric was from Gardams. I love the swallows, though I think they may be flying in the wrong direction - mmm?  I think I've seen another version of the material in a yellow.  



Version E.  I'm really happy with this colour contrast and happy with how the collar turned out.



I bought this elephant print craft fabric on a whim.  There was only 1 metre left.  I didn't imagine I would be able to actually make a top with it.  I think this started out as version D, but with capped sleeves.  I think I was just looking to use the collar and not the long tied bow.  Due to some flaw in the finished product I ended up make a bow to disguise it.

I will make this pattern again. I did want to make a longer sleeve version this winter but never quite got around to it. Maybe next year.   A good basic top that you can whip up in afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment