Sunday 24 August 2014

Vintage - Style 1600

Ah one of my favourite eras, the 1970's. When I first ventured into the realm of vintage patterns I was looking for styles similar to the clothes Mary Richards wore on The Mary Tyler Moore Show.  Now I bought some lovely patterns and the only one that I have made up from that first buy was the pinafore which features in anearlier posts. Not actually a salute to Mary that one.  When looking on line for vintage patterns these days I find it hard to go past some of the lovely summer dresses from that period.  The material I used for this first effort is the cheap basic 100% cotton.  I would have loved to have found some stripes.  Also it was a tad on the snug side around my waist.  I will certainly be making this pattern up again. I love the square neckline. The first time I wore it my friend Lee-Anne told me it looked a bit Alice in Wonderland.  Well I usually do hear pieces of cake calling to me "eat me" and I always oblige.      


This is actually blue with white spots.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment