Thursday 21 August 2014

New Look 6223, The Sequels

Here is my favourite frock pattern in recent times versions numero deux and trois.  The 2 tone ensemble started as an idea with a sleevless black and white spot bodice and skirt in red cotton sateen. I even purchased the material and did the pre-wash for both pieces.  Alas the dye in the black and white cotton material must have run and left some black stains through various parts of my red cotton sateen - boo.  Anyways on another trip to Spotlight I spied this even groovier black and white material with varying polka dot sizing and decided my wardrobe needed a bit of emerald green in the mix.  I even made my own bias binding for the neckline instead of using facing.  All in all a good result which gets nice comments. Though it is so hard to keep creases out of plain materials.




This is by far my favourite version of this frock.  The material was on sale for $6 at Spotlight. It was evidently "Halloween" fabric.  Can't really see it myself. The material is a slightly heavier weighted cotton. It has a slight open weave and sits really well. I just wish I could find a pair of orange or green shoes to really set off the colours of the dress. 





No comments:

Post a Comment