Friday 8 August 2014

When a skirt doesn't work out......

You turn it into a dress.  I've had a number of occasions where I've thought a nice full skirt was a good idea.  However, after I've finished the skirt, to put it kindly it hasn't been very flattering on me even with a jazzy belt.  I think my problem is where the waistband sits on my tummy, which we can safely say is not exactly flat.  I can wear a dress with a full skirt so hence I've just taken a basic top pattern and then attached it to the skirt.  The first one worked out quite well in fact the skirt has more of a drop waist look. The second one was a bit on the large size, nothing that a nice wide belt can't fix. 


I think this outfit started with the buttons. I saw them at Lincraft and knew I really really needed
something to put them on.




No comments:

Post a Comment