Saturday 16 August 2014

Here kitty kitty


I have wasted a bit of time on the interweb trying to find feline emblazoned fabrics.  Sadly there aren't nearly enough.  Trying to find something not to cutesy, nearly impossible.  Once again, Spotlight to the rescue with this printed drill cotton.  Did not exactly feel brave enough to wear an entire dress of this fabric so decided to consult my 60's dress pattern catalogue and found this pattern (Butterick 4348) where I could use a front panel section as my feature.  I had some leftover grey fabric from a skirt I had made, which I used from the front and some of the back section. I just needed a bit of black drill cotton for the back skirt section.  






It is always interesting working with vintage patterns.  Particularly the ones that have no lines drawn on the pattern pieces, just perforations where the darts etc. should be.  I always find corner sections of panels are slightly difficult to do.  I haven't yet worked out how to sew these sections together and get a nice sharp line in the corners.  With this pattern, I ended up having to put some darts in the bust line to the front top corners, because the front was a bit too poofey at the front.   The usual problem I believe is my lack of mammary sizing which causes me some issues.



1 comment: